The Thorpe Neighbourhood Forum has been set up to prepare in conjunction with Runnymede Borough Council (RBC) a Neighbourhood Plan for the village of Thorpe which
takes account of Thorpe’s unique historical value, will consider development within the new Green Belt boundaries as part of RBC’s Green Belt Review and to ensure that Thorpe can meet the community
needs now and in the future.
The Objectives of the Forum shall be to:
- improve the area known as Thorpe Village (the Neighbourhood Area) for the benefit of individuals living and working within the Neighbourhood Area and local business
- promote the social, economic and environmental well-being of the Neighbourhood Area;
- prepare in partnership with the Local Planning Authority a neighbourhood plan for the Neighbourhood Area;
- encourage the goodwill and involvement of the wider community, and;
- foster community spirit and encourage civic pride.